Thursday, August 21, 2008

Things are about to change!


Today has another crazy day in our house. I swear, there has been so much going on that I won't have a single new thing to blog about after next week. Now onto the news.


Many of you know that there has been talk of a possible promotion for Alex for a few months now. Today was the BIG day and the regional manager was in Alex's office. Everything went great, she was super nice, and they accepted his salary requirements. ACK! Do you KNOW what that means???? WE ARE MOVING! To Peoria, IL to be exact. Another ACK. I've never been to Peoria... actually none of us have.


It's exciting, because Alex and I have always wanted to get out of Alabama, but at the same time it's scary. There are sooo many things going through my head right now.


Pros

Better schools for the boys

Actual seasons, not just summer and not so much summer

A fresh start

Less racial tension (Alabama teems with it)

Closer to some friends and family

I will be forced to socialize or I will be completley alone... surrounded by testosterone

Better pay


Cons

Far far away from my family here

Less big family holidays

Completley new area that I know zip about

Boys will grow up without family close by

Luke's first birthday will be celebrated w/o his Nana and Papa

We're moving.... AGAIN


See why I don't know how to feel? I'm accepting it, and I'm honestly a little excited. But how can I not be apprehensive.


Today is also a big day in that Luke is 10 months old today. TEN MONTHS! That means that his first birthday is 2 months away. That is not possible. THAT I cannot accept. :P

1 Comment:

The Osborne Family said...

I am very happy for you and Alex. I know this will a wonderful opportunity for you guys. But I will miss you very much!! I just want you to know that you are one of my dearest friends and I love you. I will be praying for you and your family.

P.S. What about HANSON?!!!! LOL